This iconic Art-Deco Soap Factory in Port Melbourne has been brought back to life by award winning architect Julian Brenchley of Brenchley Architects and has been transformed into a prestigious apartment building thanks to 10 contestants on the reality television show ‘The Block’. The ultimate lock and leave apartment for residents that travel extensively or have a weekend property to escape is appealing to the busy professional couples that want to be close to the CBD, parks, shops, restaurants, entertainment and Port Melbourne beach.
The auctions for the ‘Heritage Art-Deco Block’ were aired on Sunday the 13th November, 2016. Director, Nicole Jacobs, successfully acquired 3 out of 5 apartments on behalf of our clients.
These New York Style high ceiling and generously propertied homes have footprints of approximately 208-218 sqm
internally along with additional outdoor areas of either super sized logias and one with a wrap around courtyard of approximately 38 – 64 sqm.
Complete with a magnificent 470 sqm rooftop garden designed by Franklin Landscaping & Design, this rooftop garden will provide the buyers of these apartments three areas to relax and entertain including a bbq alfresco area and fire pit area all with the backdrop of Melbourne’s city skyline and out to Port Phillip Bay.
The New Block has been designed with sustainability and renewable energy in mind, with the whole building employing the use of everything from 100% recycled carpets, low energy light fittings, rainwater tanks for irrigation, recycled timber wherever feasible – to solar panels for base to grid rebate and to offset the common area power usage.
Apartment 1 – Will and Karlie
Winners 0f The Block 2016
Bought for: $2,600,000
This massive ground floor residence will wow you with it’s 3.75m ceilings and proportions throughout. Renovated custom interior and an exclusive one-of-a-kind artwork/furniture package, there are three king-sized bedrooms with a stunning master ensuite, walk-in wardrobes, two study corners plus a huge 64sqm open-plan living/dining area at rear.
Internal spaces are app. 206 sqm with extensive wrap around external courtyard area of app. 64 sqm. (Need to check exact external sqm).
● Industrial-style residence
● The only ground floor apartment on offer
● Soaring 3.75m ceilings & 2.7m internal doors
● Remote-controlled sheer sunscreens & block-out blinds throughout
● Advanced double-glazing all around
● Designer light features
● Motion-activated LED ceiling lights plus “Halo” background lighting
Apartment 3 – Dan and Carleen
Bought for $2,300,000
This apartment has a unique sense of yester year and the modern touches of today. If you are a lover of Art Deco you will feel right at home here.
Internally this apartment sits at app 208 sqm and external balcony area of app. 38sqm.
The kitchen has a large CaesarStone island bench, with Bosch appliances (from steamer oven, to espresso machine, to integrated fridge-freezers) and butler’s pantry.
● Corniced ceilings and original timber doors
● Secured by video intercom, keypad entry,
● Auto-gated undercover parking,
● Wireless Bose sound-system,
● Automated blinds and generous double-glazing.
● Individual climate control for every room
● Original Art Deco lighting, a sparkling multi-facet mirror centred in the lobby, and precious objects d’art including an angular Christofle tea set and sinuous bronze panther.
Apartment 4 – Ben and Andy
The only 4 bedroom apartment on offer, this home also features 3.5 bathrooms and a study.
Internally this apartment sits at app. 218 sqm and has an additional 43.6sqm terrace.
Massive custom designed kitchen with extensive 4 metre marble island bench, butler’s kitchen, open plan family living adjoining dining, flowing to huge north facing garden terrace. This home will appeal to savvy investors, families wanting a city fringe lifestyle and downsizers who still want a large family home without the maintenance.
● NEFF appliances including microwave oven, warming drawer, grill, coffee machine, 2 further ovens,
● BOSCH Fully integrated double door fridge/freezer
● In-built surround sound Bluetooth speakers in master, terrace and living area
● Automated blinds throughout
● Underfloor heating throughout all bathrooms
● Central zoned heating/cooling
● Bar fridge on terrace
Apartment 5 – Julia and Sasha
This luxurious apartment from the entrance to the terrace flows seamlessly and is finished with marble, stunning gold tapware and a consistency that leaves you feeling like you are indeed in a high end New York style apartment.
Brilliant proportions throughout, the luxe interior includes spacious living & dining room, three beautifully styled bedrooms including a private master retreat with an ensuite bathroom that includes a freestanding elliptical bath & double shower.
Internally app. 208 sqm and external terrace area of app. 38sqm.
● Gaggenau Kitchen appliances inside and out
● Ducted heating & refrigerated air conditioning,
● Home automation for lighting/blinds in master suite, living/dining & terrace
● $20,000 cash in the safe,
● Sonos Sound Multi-Room Sound System,
● Two-pac finishes on all the doors,
● Under-floor heating in the bathrooms.
Apartment 6 – Chris and Kim
Bought for: $2,305,000
Chris and Kim’s top floor apartment is just shy of 220 sqm internally and has an additional 43.6sqm (approx) private terrace. A fabulous sense of space is established as soon as you enter this apartment with entrance and a very wide hall. The winning parents’ retreat, showcases dressing room and oversized ensuite. Two further bedrooms share a family bathroom. Terrace entertaining, with its own heaters, television screen and honed concrete alfresco kitchen ensures outdoors and indoors flow adding to the allure of an apartment where functionality and flair has been the focus.
● Siemens equipped Caesarstone kitchen with a superb butler’s pantry.
● Oak floors and exposed brick
● Wide hall with beautiful artwork
● Winning master suite